Hi everyone! I’m sorry for the unscheduled hiatus. It’s been a crazy couple of months but I’m back now with the latest from The Love List and have lots of projects ready to be photographed and blogged about. There are a number of reasons why I’ve been AWOL the last while. Firstly work got pretty busy and never really stopped being busy, then we heard that my boyfriend Mike is being moved across the country for work so there was lots of organising required for that and then I got engaged to said boyfriend, now fiancee! So needless to say it’s been an exciting, eventful and crazy couple of months. So with all of these things going on and traveling back and forth across the country, my blog fell by the wayside. My routine was totally out of whack and I’ve found it hard to get back into the groove. Now that I have a bit of a routine again I’m able to get back to it and I’m so glad to do so
So with that said, here are my favourites from the last few weeks. Hope you enjoy The Love List!
- Sewing Cake’s Red Velvet Dress is a gorgeous pattern. It looks like the perfect dress that can be dressed up or down and since it’s for a knit fabric will be so comfy as well. She’s also doing a sewalong during November!
- Check out this cute Chunky Crochet Bunny Hood pattern by Erin Black! It’s such a cute idea and the pattern is sized for toddlers, children and adults. Since it’s made with bulky yarn it would come together pretty quick too! A Christmas present perhaps?
- The Dandelion Dress and Top pattern from Disparate Disciplines is a lovely shift dress. The lines of the dress and darts look like you would get a really great fit
- With the weather getting colder, I’ve started looking out for nice scarf patterns lately. This one by Debrah Peterson called Drew is a lovely design which has a short and long version. I think I would go for the long version since when wrapped twice you can see the contrast of the patterned and the plain sides! Since it’s a double knit it will be super warm too.
- Woolly Wormhead on Ravelry is hosting a Mystery Hat Knitalong during November! Each week she’ll release another part of the pattern until you see the final result! So much fun! I’m getting my yarn for this already
- Colette Patterns have come out with what I think is one of their cutest patterns. The Zinnia skirt is really lovely. It’s a beginner pattern and has optional pockets, pleats and works with lots of different fabrics. It only has 4 pattern pieces too which means it’ll come together really quick!
AboutHello and welcome to Mabel Makes!
I'm Stephanie and I live in Dublin, Ireland. I love sewing, knitting and generally being creative. I'm on a mission to create my own handmade wardrobe. I will be sharing my projects and inspirations so stick around for handmade fashion, DIY and tutorials.