I’ve been neglecting my blog this past week. The weather in Ireland is unusually good at the moment so I’ve been trying to make the most of it while it’s here. We haven’t had a good summer in about 7 years so these past couple of weeks have been amazing. Also, as you know, my sewing machine was on the fritz so I’ve been working on knitting projects in the meantime. The problem with knitting projects is that they tend to take longer than sewing projects so I haven’t had anything to show you lately. I have bought my new sewing machine though and expect to be excitedly working on lots of projects since it’s such an amazing machine (I’ll do a post this week on the machine I picked and initial thoughts). Now to start your week – here’s The Love List!
- I’ve been admiring some of the gorgeous Belladone dresses on the blogosphere for the last few months. I really need to get my hands on this Deer and Doe pattern at some point. Check out the cute back detail!
- I found this Vintage 1930s Camisole/Camiknickers Crochet Pattern via Bramcost on Ravelry. You can get it for free here. The pattern is made by crocheting circle patterns and stitching them together as the pattern directs.
- Have you seen the new Anna Dress from By Hand London?! It’s so great. I love all their modern, wearable designs. This pattern has slash and v-neck options, plus midi and maxi skirt possibilities and a dramatic thigh high split. Fabulous!
- This Infinity Necklace by Yael Falk is wire crocheted. I love how the finished piece looks. I might have to get into jewellery making…
- The Teardrop Bag – with flat handles and rose by Aimarro Patterns is so cute. It’s an advanced pattern but I think the results are lovely and would be a nice gift for a little girl to carry her prized possessions!
- Since my hayfever allergies are so bad I’ve been trying to avoid wheat, dairy, too much sugar and alcohol. It’s quite tricky – especially when you like treats as much as I do. I found this recipe for Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies which are gluten/wheat, dairy and sugar free! I hope they turn out as nice as they look!.
AboutHello and welcome to Mabel Makes!
I'm Stephanie and I live in Dublin, Ireland. I love sewing, knitting and generally being creative. I'm on a mission to create my own handmade wardrobe. I will be sharing my projects and inspirations so stick around for handmade fashion, DIY and tutorials.
Subscribe to Blog via Email