The weather in Ireland this weekend has been gorgeous and it’s supposed to stay for about two weeks. I can’t believe summer is finally here! We had friends staying and had a lovely BBQ yesterday. Today I have been enjoying the Men’s Wimbledon final and taking it easy. I hope your weekend was enjoyable too! Now to start off your week here’s The Love List.
- S’il Vous Plait Kimono by Gina Wilde is a basic cardigan with interesting details such as the felted obi belt and little drop flower ties.
- Ever since I saw Stephanie from Makes the Things’ fabulous Amy Butler Weekender Bag I’ve been dying to make my myself. Seriously, check hers out. It’s gorgeous.
- This vintage pattern A Bolero for Party Wear has been uploaded by Subversive Femme and was first published by Australian Women’s Weekly in 1954. The description says ”For the junior miss a cherry-red bolero in sofest angora to cover her sholders and send colour to her cheeks.” Wow, a cherry-red angora bolero sounds fabulous!
- The Marilyn Dress by Serendipity Studio is a gorgeous v-neck bodice dress with gathered skirt. This would be perfect for a summer picnic.
- I found these instructions for a bento box while browsing Pinterest. This pattern comes from Lark Crafts and is really cute. I have a little collection bento boxes for lunch as it is. This seems like it would be a great addition.
- #04 Lattice Cable Pullover by Therese Chynoweth was published in Knit Simple Fall 2013. The lattice neckline and ribbed body is very flattering.
AboutHello and welcome to Mabel Makes!
I'm Stephanie and I live in Dublin, Ireland. I love sewing, knitting and generally being creative. I'm on a mission to create my own handmade wardrobe. I will be sharing my projects and inspirations so stick around for handmade fashion, DIY and tutorials.