I have a confession to make. I’m a pattern hoarder! I continuously buy new patterns or pattern books when I see them come out because they are so beautiful and I think I simply MUST have them. However, I live a busy life and finding sewing time can be hard. I am often unrealistic in my sewing plans. As much as I’d love to sew and knit all day every day, I have a full time job that often requires me to stay late. Most of the time finding a few hours on the weekend or of an evening is the most I can get.
However, I’m going to consciously make an effort to start using some of the sewing patterns I already own this year. I love making lists and plans so it only seems fitting that I would make a list for my sewing projects. I may still be slightly overambitious in my list. Also new patterns may grab my attention and change initial plans. That’s ok. I’m willing to accept that. I just hope that with a plan I can focus on things that I want to do and make in the next few months. So here’s my list with what has grabbed my attention so far.
- Swing Dress by Sense and Sensibility Patterns. I actually have this finished now but have to take photos. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get home before it gets dark to get good shots. Rochelle at Lucky Lucille has put up a great post about 1940s makeup and hair styles which I hope to use to recreate my 1940s look. Completed!
- Elisalex Dress from By Hand London. I’ve decided to make this one for my Mad Men Challenge after debating over whether to use a vintage pattern or not. Completed!
- Beignet by Colette Patterns in denim. Another project I started and never finished!
- Archer Button-Up Shirt from Grainline Studio which is holding a sewalong starting on March 18th
- Megan Nielsen’s Darling Ranges dress
- Renfrew Top by Sewaholic
- Moss Skirt by Grainline Studio
- Cambie from Sewaholic
- The Bow-Tied Blouse from Gertie’s New Book for Better Sewing
- A-Line Skirt with Pintucks from Gertie’s New Book for Better Sewing
- 1940s Zip-Front Dress from Gertie’s New Book for Better Sewing
- Clover Pants by Colette Patterns so I can get over my fear of trouser fitting!
- Simplicity 3153 is a vintage pattern I just received and I hope to make up View 1 in a plaid
Unfortunately this list doesn’t even almost cover all the patterns that I own and have yet to make. I’m not sure if I’ll manage to get through all of them and I’m likely to get distracted by other fabulous patterns along the way. However, at least the intention is there and hopefully it will help focus me to try and get through some of them.
AboutHello and welcome to Mabel Makes!
I'm Stephanie and I live in Dublin, Ireland. I love sewing, knitting and generally being creative. I'm on a mission to create my own handmade wardrobe. I will be sharing my projects and inspirations so stick around for handmade fashion, DIY and tutorials.
Subscribe to Blog via Email